The Mission, Expectations, Qualifications, Considerations of
Hallsville Baptist Church in the Search of a Pastor of Family & Students
Church / Community Profile: The mission of Hallsville Baptist Church (HBC) is to love God completely and love others compassionately while fulfilling the Great Commission. We are a pastor-led, congregationally-governed, deacon-served church that ministers in friendly cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention and other local churches. Hallsville, MO is a small (under 1500 people), but rapidly growing rural community 20 minutes north of Columbia, MO. HBC is a multigenerational church with a loving, family atmosphere. Its members seek to grow spiritually both individually as well as together through weekly Bible study and Sunday school groups. Its members are enthusiastic to serve and to minister to one another and the local community. HBC serves as the host site for the Hallsville Food Pantry in coordination with The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri on a monthly basis as part of the Hallsville Inter-Church Council; and the church hosts regular church-wide fellowships to forge and strengthen relationships. HBC is also mission-minded – striving to share the Gospel with and serve our neighbors in Hallsville as well as partner with Christian brothers and sisters across the region and world (Acts 1:8).
a. Will not be a member of or be affiliated with any club, organization, or group having beliefs that conflict with this Constitution.
b. May be licensed or ordained by this Church or a church of like faith; however, these are not requirements.
c. Meet and demonstrate the qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-10.
d. Be a born-again, baptized believer.
e. Must affirm the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
f. Completed or pursuing Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Christian/Biblical Studies.
g. Previous student ministry experience is valued.
a. To direct and promote the Youth activity program of the Church. The purposes of the student activity program are to promote Bible study, evangelism, fellowship, spiritual growth, and holiness in conduct & character.
b. To oversee the Student Council (pending updated Constitution & By-laws).
c. To be the Student and Pre-Teen Camps Director and Coordinator.
d. To give Student activities reports to the Church.
e. To secure signed permission slips from parents/guardians for all activities away from the Church.
f. To be certain that no student/child is allowed in a private setting with an adult.
g. All activities will be chaperoned by two (2) or more adult members of the Church.
3. Operating Procedures
a. There will be no less than one activity per calendar quarter.
b. The Church Council (pending updated HBC Constitution & By-laws) will describe in writing and recommend additional operating procedures to the Church.
The Family & Student Pastor will join the current pastoral leadership team and work closely with the deacons, committee chairs, and ministry area directors to pursue the goal of making disciples while focusing on the key area of whole-family discipleship and student/youth ministry. The Pastor will facilitate integration of student/youth ministry with the family discipleship model (including adults and younger students) while assisting with the overall pastoral responsibilities of the church as a whole.
The Family & Student Pastor will help facilitate and equip family ministry—including seasonal small groups and small group leader development, children’s ministry leader development (Sunday School teachers, Wednesday/Sunday Children’s Ministry teachers/leaders, VBS Director & Leader training.
The expectation with this position will not be on numbers per se but on depth of discipleship.
Percentage of time/responsibility to key areas:
- Pastoral Responsibilities (10%) – Shared ministerial duties including weddings, funerals, counseling, visitation, and/or administration of the ordinances. The Family & Student Pastor may have regular opportunities to preach, if desired.
- Family Ministry (30%) – Facilitate a comprehensive family discipleship model. Equip families by utilizing the ministry vehicles in place such as Sunday School, VBS, Discipleship Ministry (Sun/Wed pm), Home Small Groups. Plan and propose budgets for this Ministry area.
- Student Ministry (40%) – Execute and Oversee the Student/Youth ministry. This includes working with the Sunday School Director to recruit, train, equip Sunday School teachers and/or Youth Group leaders. Plan regular events in one of three general categories: Outreach/Missions, Fellowship, Service. Summer camps and retreats will need to be planned. Incorporate student/youth into the “Body Life” areas of service and worship. Plan and propose budgets for this Ministry area.
- Equipping Ministry (20%) – Provide both area workers and families with resources, training and/or counsel to “come alongside” them as they serve and shepherd either children in their household or students in their charge.
We at Hallsville Baptist Church are excited about the future God has before us. We are also glad that you are interested in the open position of Family and Youth Pastor at our church. To be considered for this position, please do the following:
- Read our church’s Mission and Beliefs.
- Read through the Associate Pastor of Family & Students Job Description found on this page.
- Submit the following items to the Pastor Search Committee (email@example.com)
- A professional résumé detailing education, experience and attributes.
- An explanation of your call to the ministry.
- Your personal testimony of salvation in Jesus Christ.
- All social media handles and identities (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)